Here we present 3Q13 revenue for a range of orthopaedic and spine companies. Company specific performance highlights follow.
Exhibit 1 displays companies' orthopaedic sales growth for 3Q13 vs. 3Q12 by product segment. Performance highlights follow, and pertain to 3Q unless otherwise noted.
Exhibit 1: Orthopaedic Sales Growth by Product Segment: 3Q13 vs. 3Q12
Orthobiologics $12.8MM, +39% (U.S. +26%)
- Growing global interest in Hyalofast cartilage regeneration product
- Expanded and initiated back-up sites to accelerate enrollment in Phase III multi-national study of Cingal in treatment of knee osteoarthritis; enrollment slated for completion 1Q14
- Submitted CE Mark dossier for Hyalospine anti-adhesion product; expecting approval by end of 1Q14
- MONOVISC U.S. status: FDA review of additional analysis complete, feedback expected in 4Q13
• Sports Medicine $58MM, +6% (Americas 5%, ex-U.S. +12%; Americas proprietary products +8%)
• Other (includes spine) $2.2MM, +20%
- Proprietary Sports Medicine growth attributed to higher Coblation sales in hip, knee, shoulder, partially offset by -2% ASP
- Made a small investment in ArthroSpace and obtained distribution rights to InSpace in certain ex-U.S. markets, for the treatment of pain associated with rotator cuff tears
- New Coblation platform slated to undergo initial clinical evaluation ex-U.S. in 1H14, to focus on energy platform that can deliver operating modes specifically designed for knee tissue
- Q-Fix products from Eleven Blade expected to launch early 2014