Deadline for abstract submission is November 5, 2012. Notification of abstract acceptance is December 15, 2012. Accepted abstracts will be published in the International Journal of Medical Implants and Devices, to be distributed at the meeting, and select papers will publish in Ethics in Biology, Engineering and Medicine: An International Journal.
• 200-300 word single-spaced abstract, font size 12
• Email followed by mailed hard copy
• Cover letter should identify author with complete mailing address, telephone number and email address
Suggested topics include:
• Clinical trials of biomedical devices and implants
• Ethical issues in biomedical research
• Ethics of nanobiotechnology
• Ethics of stem cell use and research
• Regulation of implants and devices
• Ethical issues in clinical engineering or tissue engineering
The conference is presented with support from the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, the International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering and the Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Attn: Subrata Saha, Ph.D.
450 Clarkson Avenue, Box 30
Brooklyn, NY 11203
More data available at www.downstate.edu/orthopaedics/bioethicsconf2013/