Smith+Nephew introduced the INTELLIO™ Connected Tower for wireless connection and remote control of multiple sports medicine systems from outside the sterile field. INTELLIO is suitable for use in both hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers.
INTELLIO combines numerous elements of Smith+Nephew's offerings, including:
- The LENS™ Connected Tower app which remotely manages patient work lists, captures images and videos, and controls COBLATION™ and resection settings wirelessly.
- The LENS 4K Imaging System, with an option to view key settings of DYONICS™ POWER II Control System and WEREWOLF™ COBLATION System on the surgical display.
- The DYONICS™ POWER II Control System for soft tissue and bone resection with the DYONICS shaver hand piece and PLATINUM blades.
- WEREWOLF COBLATION, which uses RF technology to remove, address and treat damaged joint tissues. The WEREWOLF wireless module connects with the LENS 4K Surgical Imaging System to display COBLATION mode and AMBIENT™ temperature on the surgical display.
- The MY.INTELLIO cloud-based portal, which expands functionality of the LENS 4K app for HIPAA-compliant storage of patient images and video captured during cases. MY.INTELLIO manages patient data and allows access anywhere within a professional network.
"Smith+Nephew is committed to finding innovative new ways for our customers to maximize the value of their capital investments, while minimizing the amount of equipment in the O.R," said Scott Schaffner, SVP and General Manager, Sports Medicine at Smith+Nephew. "The INTELLIO Connected Tower Solution does this by simply integrating components and enabling them to work together - driving workflow efficiency and making it easier for healthcare professionals to do their jobs."