DePuy Synthes commenced full U.S. launch of PUREVUE™, a visualization imaging platform for minimally invasive endoscopic surgery. The company said that PUREVUE (pictured at right) completes its capital equipment lineup for arthroscopic soft tissue procedures, including rotator cuff repair, subacromial decompression, shoulder instability, ACL/PCL repair and more.
PUREVUE comprises a light source, image processor and image management in one compact footprint, and can be used for a variety of applications. The autoclavable camera head delivers native high-definition image acquisition that can be viewed on an ultra-HD 4K monitor. Additionally, users can access and control PUREVUE remotely via a mobile app, and the platform features post-op surgeon-to-patient communication functionality.
Limited launch began in December 2017.
Other products in the Mitek Sports Medicine VUE™ Arthroscopic Equipment Solutions portfolio include VAPR VUE™ Radiofrequency and FMS VUE™ Fluid Management and Tissue Debridement systems.
In addition to PUREVUE, DePuy launched the following products in 2018:
- DYNACORD Suture to repair soft tissue, including the rotator cuff (Mitek Sports Medicine, limited U.S. launch)
Total Joint Replacement
- ACTIS® Total Hip, which represents the company’s first hip designed for both traditional and tissue-sparing approaches (U.S., limited global launch)
- ATTUNE® Revision Knee, available in fixed bearing and rotating platform options (U.S. launch)
- SENTIO MMG, a digital mechanomyography platform designed to assess nerve status and identify and avoid peripheral nerves during spine surgery (Full launch)
- CONCORDE LIFT Expandable Interbody, part of the UNLEASH MIS TLIF (Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion) Procedural Solution (U.S. launch)
- PROTI 360 interbody fusion devices featuring titanium-integrated PEEK with 360 degrees of titanium integration (U.S. launch)
- Femoral Recon Nail to treat long thigh bone fractures (U.S. launch)
- GLOBAL UNITE Reverse Fracture Shoulder to treat complex fractures in patients with a grossly deficient rotator cuff (U.S. launch)
By ORTHOWORLD® estimates, DePuy Synthes posted orthopaedic revenue of $6.6 billion through the first three quarters of 2018, a decrease of 2.2% vs. the same period in 2017. Leadership noted that its strategy to achieve growth is through acceleration of product innovation. We expect that the company will remain active with new products and acquisitions in 2019.
*Image courtesy of DePuy Synthes