ConnectSx, a Mokena, Illinois-based startup providing SaaS solutions that support the surgical value chain, has been issued U.S. Patent #10,117,722: “Integrated surgical implant delivery system and method.”
“This new patent, along with U.S. Patent #9,827,048 issued last November, supports the long-term vision of ConnectSx to deliver a fully integrated platform for managing medical device information and product support,” ConnectSx CEO Chris Riedel said. “This uniquely positions ConnectSx to help device manufacturers and the hospitals they serve improve supply chain logistics, increase overall efficiency, reduce waste, and support positive patient outcomes.”
According to Riedel, this in-development integrated platform aims to:
- Display a device’s UDI and critical information such as serial number, expiration, sterilization instructions or surgical technique guides through a mobile app (pictured below).
- Display a device’s chain of custody history by scanning the device.
- Locate inventory implicated in a recall and determine where and when that device was used.
- Allow for a mobile device or existing in-O.R. monitors and networked computers to enable dynamic support for any device scanned or searched by product code.
- Utilize RFID technology, barcode scan or other means to deliver pertinent implant or instrument device to parties throughout the hospital supply chain.
Source: ConnectSx; image courtesy of ConnectSx